When you should use a TQ or Wound Pack??



I get the question all the time about when someone should use a tourniquet or wound pack a wound. The simple answer is that you put a tourniquet on major bleeding in the arm or the leg. We normally would pack hips and shoulders that have major bleeding that you can't get a TQ up high enough. Also, if you are a LONG TIME from getting to a trauma center you may want to consider would packing the injury and down grading the tourniquet. The tourniquets used in this video is the North American Rescue C-A-T TQ and the new SOFT-T Wide by Tac Med Solutions. (Both available at the Skinny Medic Store)

Find a trauma class near you: http://www.traumaclasses.com

Patreon Support: https://www.patreon.com/skinnymedic

Skinny medic T-Shirts here: https://teespring.com/skinnymedicyoutube

Use code "SkinnyMedic" for 5% off your entire OpticsPlanet.com order OpticsPlanet: http://bit.ly/2rsD6Vx

Facebook.com/SkinnyMedicYoutube Store ► http://shop.skinnymedic.com

Shop Amazon here to help support the channel: https://tinyurl.com/n7xg8fa

Buy your medical supplies and kits here!: www.medicalgearoutfitters.com

    • Uploaded: 08/23/2017